Position Available- Accounting Associate – College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Biological Sciences
(Full-Time/ Benefits Eligible)
UIC College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Department of Biological Sciences
Posting Close Date: 2/10/23- 5pm CST
Hiring Department: Biological Sciences
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, ability to work remotely- hybrid
Salary: Maximum $65,000.00 annually
Requisition ID: 1016513
Discharge high level accounting duties and resolve complex accounting, policy and managerial problems. Ensure compliance with University, State, and Federal policies & procedures when reimbursing faculty, staff and guests. Provide advice and formulate solutions to complicated accounting/business process issues. Develop novel systems and accounting/business processes increasing efficiency and productivity. Supervise an Accountant I and manage undergraduate students.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates and processes department purchases using university procurement system (iBuy) and procurement cards (p-card and t-card). Responsible for reimbursing faculty, staff and students ensuring compliance with state and federal policies and procedures. Develop accounting business systems and procedures leveraging current technology and web based processing platforms, e.g., Chrome river and iBuy.
- Evaluate and understand accounting metrics and analyze and interpret accounting records and transactions. Perform monthly ledger reconciliation. Interpret and apply the guidelines and procedures set forth in the University Business and Financial Policies and Procedures Manual and State/Federal guidelines.
- Work with the Director of Finance in creating and evaluating financial reports encompassing performance metrics and fiscal responsibility. Create transaction tracking measures and other financial reports to monitor the Departments processing volume on a monthly basis. Train faculty and staff on University web based accounting systems and develop procedures manuals. Transfer expenditures and correct ROGUE FOAP’s as needed.
- Identify, analyze and resolve complex accounting/business problems. Provide expert accounting and strategic advice to the Director of Finance formulating methods of efficiency and implementing them.
- Oversee an Accountant I ensuring ledger and PCard reconciliation are being performed. In addition, oversee the day-to-day accounting/business functions and delegate accounting duties to all undergrad hourly.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director of Finance.
1. A) Bachelor's degree with a major in Accountancy or a related field AND two (2) years of professional level accounting experience.
B) Possession of current registration as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant, or a valid license to practice Public Accounting (LPA).
C) Master's degree in Accountancy or a related field.
To Apply: For fullest consideration, apply online at https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/2916?c=uic please fully complete all sections of the online application including adding your full work history with specific details of your duties & responsibilities for each position held. Fully complete the education, licensure, certification and language sections. You may upload a resume, cover letter, certifications, licensures, transcripts and diplomas within the application.
Please note that once you have submitted your application you will not be able to make any changes. In order to revise your application, you must withdraw and reapply. You will not be able to reapply after the posting close date. Please ensure the application is fully completed and all supporting documents have been uploaded before the posting close date.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
The university provides accommodations to applicants and employees. Request an Accommodation
Modified on January 30, 2023